Whether you have a business or a blog, or any other kind of website, one of the most important things is making sure that you have the right web design. The design can make a world of a difference in the way that people perceive your website, so it is definitely worth it to take some time and make sure you have the best design possible. If you don’t want to pay someone to design a website on a certain platform, then the next best thing is to just design something on your own, on that same platform. If this seems impossible then we are here to tell you that it is definitely possible, you just have to have the right solution for you and your website. Today we are going to be taking a look at the best platforms for web design, so make sure you keep reading in order to find out what are some of the best of them.
If you are looking for something that will allow you to change your design quickly and easily, then Joomla is a good way to go and one of the best web design platforms. This is a perfect way for you to start out with something simple and then take the design further, and that also makes it a pretty great way for you to learn more about design in the first place. The user base of this platform is absolutely huge and because of that it is constantly updated with new patches and different features in order to keep it running strong and up to date. There are a ton of things that we love about Joomla, but we are going to focus on a few of the stand out ones.
- This is a very simple CMS, which means that you don’t need a lot of experience in order to be able to use it and work with it.
- It offers multimedia management, which is definitely a features that you will find useful.
- The websites that you will create with this tool are all automatically mobile ready, which means that your site will look good no matter what kind of device your readers are opening it on.
- With Joomla you get an incredible amount of customization options. This means that you will be able to come up with a design that will be unique and that will stand out.
Apart from all of the different features and functionalities that you will get when you use Joomla, you will also be able to add plugins and extensions which will make sure you can really customize your site and get all of the tools that you need.
This is a platform that is considered to be a newcomer in the world of these solutions, however don’t let that fool you for a second that this is a solution which won’t give you good results. In fact, this is one of our favorite options because it was specifically designed to be user-friendly, really keeping in mind what people are looking for today. This is a solution which can be a little restrictive and it probably won’t be a good choice if you really want to customize it to an extreme level, however if you are okay with a simple and clean design, the platform performs incredibly on its own. There are a lot of great features that come with it and all of them are pretty standard.
- There are free and paid options when it comes to the plans that you can choose to use, as well as the plugins and add-ons.
- It also comes with an ecommerce functionality, which is great because it will allow you to take your entire business online if you want to do so.
- The interface is incredibly simple, to the point and easy to use. You should have no issue whatsoever figuring out how to use it and how to move everything around.
- There are a lot of support forums out there when for this platform and that means that you will be able to get help from someone that has already gone through the same problems.
What we can say about this solution is that it is a niche platform and it can definitely hold its own amongst competition, however it doesn’t really reach the level of something like Joomla when it comes to the customization levels. Overall, we would say this is an excellent web design solution.
This next web design solution that we are going to talk about is a bit different from the rest because this is a self-hosted platform and even though it is pretty easy to use, you will have a lot more work with this one. Unlike SaaS platforms, self-hosted solutions don’t come with hosting and that is something that you will have to do on your own. You will also have to take care of the maintenance and upgrades of the website, and this is something that will require a bit more work. However, if you want to be able to completely customize your website, then Magento is the way to go. Let’s take a look at some of the best features that Magento offers.
- There are both free and paid plans, so you can choose whatever suits your budget.
- Magneto is a platform that has years of experience and they have built a really strong community over the years, and that will definitely come in handy when you need help with something.
- If community help isn’t what you are after, then they also offer direct customer support for their users.
- They specialize in ecommerce, so this is a great platform for regular websites and ecommerce ones.
The best thing about Magento is that even if you choose the free plan you will still get a lot of perks which is something that will be very useful for you, and not something that you will get with a lot of other solutions.
Even though there are a lot more of these solutions available out there, he ones that we spoke about in this article are ones that we really love and believe in. We hope that reading this article has helped you find the best platform for web design for your own website and that it will end up being the perfect match for you.